Red rice risotto
Here I used red risotto rice which is specially bred. It has a husk like wholemeal rice but it's red.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red pepper, deseeded, sliced
- 1 yellow or orange pepper, deseeded, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 320 g red whole rice, soaked overnight
- glass red wine
- 1.2 litres tomato herb stock (from cubes) https://www.kallo.com/things-we-make/products/6-organic-tomato-and-herb-stock-cubes/
- knob of butter
- bunch fresh basil
- 60 g parmesan, freshly grated
- freshly ground black pepper
In a deep frying pan/sauteuse, heat up the olive oil and fry the peppers.
Add the garlic
Then add the rice, stirring for a few minutes.
Add the wine
Slowly add the hot stock, stirring all the time, waiting for each addition to be absorbed.
Add a knob of butter, stir it in.
Add fresh basil and parmesan and pepper.