Asian mushroom noodle broth
For this recipe, use Asian varieties such as enoki, brown beech or thinly sliced King Oyster mushrooms.
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- thumb ginger, peeled, crushed I've taken also to buying small frozen blocks of ginger sold in the Asian section of supermarkets
- 3 inch strip of Kombu seaweed
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 250 ml water
- 3 tbsp vegetable or groundnut oil
- fistful Asian mushrooms, lightly washed
- salt and pepper
- 150 g noodles, soba or other types
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- sprinkle toasted sesame seeds
Add the garlic, ginger, soy, seaweed and 250ml of water to a medium sized pot and bring to the boil. Then simmer for ten minutes.
In a frying pan, sauté the mushrooms with the oil, salt and pepper, then set aside,
Add the noodles to the broth until just cooked.
Prepare 4 bowls: add broth, noodles, some mushrooms, a sprinkling of spring onions and sesame seeds. Serve hot.