1. Started my own blog- yes
2. Slept under the stars- many times.
3. Played in a band- samba bands
4. Visited Hawaii-no
5. Watched a meteor shower- in the Jordanian desert.
6. Given more than I can afford to charity- don’t think so.
7. Been to Disneyland/World- yes
8. Climbed a mountain- yes
9. Held a praying mantis- no
10. Sung a solo- never
11. Bungee jumped – and I never, ever, ever will
12. Visited Paris- lived there 6 years.
13. Watched lightning at sea- yes, exhilarating ride on a catamaran through a storm.
14. Taught myself an art from scratch- yes, pottery, mosaics, drawing, painting.
15. Adopted a child- no.
16. Had food poisoning- yes. Terrible when you don’t know what end it’s gonna come out of.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty- yes, years ago.
18. Grown my own vegetables- yes
19. Seen the Mona Lisa- yes
20. Slept on an overnight train- oh yes, one of my favourites.
21. Had a pillow fight- yes
22. Hitchhiked- yes. Worst hitch was a week in the same town in Tibet. Best hitch was a house on the back of a lorry in Patagonia, spent 3 days in it.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill – who hasn’t?
24. Built a snow fort- no, never enough snow here.
25. Held a lamb- yes.
26. Gone skinny dipping- yes.
27. Run a Marathon- no, and it’s still an ambition.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice- yes.
29. Seen a total eclipse- yes, Portsmouth 1998 and several partial ones.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset- yes
31. Hit a home run – no
32. Been on a cruise- yes, tacky one around the Caribbean.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person- yes, when I was 15.
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors- yes, Minori south of Naples when I was 8.
35. Seen an Amish community- yes, they live near my cousin in Pennsylvania.
36. Taught myself a new language- yes, French, Spanish and some others.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied- money is never truly satisfying.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person- at least twice.
39. Gone rock climbing- yes
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David- yes
41. Sung karaoke- no, bit nervous
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt- no
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant- can’t remember
44. Visited Africa- yes
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight- yes
46. Been transported in an ambulance- yes, when I punctured my leg trying to break into a swimming pool at night.
47. Had my portrait painted- yes by my mother who is a talented artist.
48. Gone deep sea fishing- no
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person- yes
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris- yes
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling- yes, have advanced and nitrox certifications.
52. Kissed in the rain- yes, well I am English.
53. Played in the mud- yes
54. Gone to a drive-in theater- yes
55. Been in a movie- yes, was in the Clash movie ‘Rude boy’ and another film called ‘Bloody Kids’ by Stephen Poliakoff.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China- no
57. Started a business- yes
58. Taken a martial arts class- no
59. Visited Russia- yes, but merely a stop-over
60. Served at a soup kitchen- yes
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies- no, but was a brownie
62. Went Whale Watching- yes in Argentina and North America
63. Got flowers for no reason- no
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma- yes
65. Gone sky diving- no
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp- no, that’s on my list
67. Bounced a check- no
68. Flown in a helicopter- yes
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy- yes
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial- don’t think so
71. Eaten caviar- yes
72. Pieced a quilt- yes, at school
73. Stood in Times Square- yes
74. Toured the Everglades- not yet
75. Been fired from a job- several times
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London- yes
77. Broken a bone- yes, toes?
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle- no
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person- yes
80. Published a book- no
81. Visited the Vatican- yes
82. Bought a brand-new car- no
83. Walked in Jerusalem- no
84. Had my picture in the newspaper- many times. Best was in The News of the World, when I was pictured with my teddyboy boyfriend saying ‘Punk and ted find love’ and that we were bringing the warring tribes together. Famous for, oooh, a week?
85. Read the entire Bible- no
86. Visited the White House- outside only
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating- does a mussel count?
88. Had chickenpox- yes
89. Saved someone’s life- not sure
90. Sat on a jury- no, but really want to.
91. Met someone famous- yes, slept with some too.
92. Joined a book club- yes
93. Lost a loved one- yes
94. Had a baby- yes
95. Seen the Alamo in person- no
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake- no, but bathed in the dead sea.
97. Been involved in a law suit- unfortunately yes.
98. Owned a cell phone- doh.
99. Been stung by a bee- was stung by hundreds as a kid.
100. Ridden an elephant- no
1. Started my own blog- yes