Persimon and pumpkin soup
- 1 large eating pumpkin, peeled, roasted in a little olive oil
- 1 persimon, roasted, diced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 5 shallots, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cm ginger, peeled, minced
- 2 star anise, whole
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- 3 persimons, half ripe, peeled and blended
- sea salt to taste
To serve and garnish
- 1 large munchkin pumpkin, scooped out to use as a bowl
- Cut up the pumpkin, put into a preheated oven at 200cº , toss in olive oil and salt. Roast for half an hour.
- In the same oven, roast one persimon tossed in olive oil and salt, in for about 15 minutes. Leave to cool and dice.
- Heat up the oil in a large soup pan.
- Add the shallots, then soften the garlic, ginger
- Add the star anise and stock
- Add the pumpkin and blended persimons.
- Simmer for half an hour. Check seasoning. Sometimes I leave soup overnight and reheat the next day.
- Serve hot in a scooped out pumpkin with diced persimon as a garnish.
Leave a Reply