Just back from Amsterdam where I thought I’d do the touristy thing and have some space cake in a ‘coffee shop’ where, as most people know, it’s perfectly legal. On the border with Belgium however, only locals are allowed to go to coffee shops, to deter the drug traffickers and tourists from nearby countries.
I had the most god awful period pains and a couple of puffs of a joint can be wonderfully relaxing. Cannabis can be helpful in a medical sense, but like everything, it should be used in moderation. What is worrying is skunk. One mental health nurse told me that the majority of admissions to a psychiatric ward from young people were due to skunk addiction. It really messes with your mood regulators.
However on the table next to me, at Stix coffee shop, I saw a group of young men. One of them was very pale, in fact his lips were turning blue. He stood up, then collapsed. It was difficult to wake him and the bored looking coffee shop worker, slapped the kid around the face until he came to.
I got this recipe from a young man of my daughter’s connaissance. He would sell them in the playground at school, at the Lycée Francais in London. What if a teacher bought one? I asked. Oh he had a system, said my daughter, he would have a normal brownie on top and offer them that.
Anyway this young man is generally a superb baker and I asked him for his recipe. Do be careful. Only eat a bite then wait 45 minutes. You don’t want a ride that you cannot get off.
Triple Chocolate Special Brownies
Next week: how to cook the perfect crystal meth from Breaking Bad. Only kidding!
Triple Chocolate Special Brownies
- 200 g of good quality dark chocolate, 70% cocoa or more
- 150 g milk chocolate
- 75 g white chocolate
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 1/8 th Jah’s green medecine, finely ground (Silver haze not skunk or cheese)
- 50 g chocolate powder
- 100 g self-raising flour
- 200 g light brown soft sugar
- 3 eggs
- Vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 170-180C and line a cake tin (s) with baking paper.
- Break up the dark chocolate and half the milk chocolate, into rough chunks and cut the butter into pieces (set aside a few chunks of dark chocolate for the chocolate chips). Place the butter into a bowl with your weed and bain-marie it until the butter has melted. Mix in your weed properly.
- If the THC doesn’t bind to the fat in the butter, your brownies wont get you high.
- Add the dark and milk chocolate chunks and bain-marie it all, mixing until it’s uniform. Take the bowl off the heat and leave it to cool.
- Chop the remaining dark and milk chocolate and the white chocolate into small chunks and set aside.
- Sieve the chocolate powder, flour, cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg into a bowl and set aside.
- Cream together the eggs, sugar and a few drops of vanilla essence until light and fluffy. This will take a while, the resulting mixture should be thick and nearly twice the volume of what you started with. Use an electric mixer.
- Fold in the butter, chocolate mixture gently to avoid losing the air you’ve creamed in. Better yet, add the creamed mixture to the chocolate bowl to minimise chocolate and drugs loss. You’ll end up with a swirly beige and brown mixture.
- Fold in the flour, chocolate powder and spices bit by bit. Mix until uniform.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and pour into the prepared cake tin, or pour into the tin and sprinkle the chips on top.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20-30 minutes. The centre of the brownie should no longer wobble when you gently shake the cake tin. If it does, it needs a few more minutes. Cool for about 20 minutes.
- Effects can take between 20minutes and 1.30 to kick in.
- Cool in the fridge for the last few minutes to get that extra fudgy texture.
Recipe by R. Coleman, in memoriam 1994 -2019