Apple and cheese Dutch Baby pancake
- 160 g plain flour
- 200 ml whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsps unsalted butter
- 2 green or red apples, cored, sliced into half moons of 1cm thick
- 100 g cheddar cheese, grated
- Black pepper, ground
- Heat the oven to 200ºc. Preheat your cast iron pan.
- Make the batter in a blender/food processor or with a whisk, by combining the flour, milk, eggs, salt.
- Leave the batter to 'rest' for 20 minutes.
- Grease the pan thickly with the butter and bed down the apple slices in one layer. Crowd them in as they will shrink as they cook.
- Slowly fry the apple slices in the butter mix on the top of the stove.
- Then pour the batter into the cast iron pan over the apples.
- Then add the cheese.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Serve on the table in the pan. Season to taste.